This first module aims to introduce the e-learning to you and to get to know each other a bit more. It won't take much of your time, but if you want to learn more about the other participants, it is worth coming back here every few days to see what is happening!
Your tasks are:
* Read the 'Welcome to participants' in the announcement section
* Participate in the Polls! We will upload the results from the polls regularly, so keep checking the site.
* Upload two photos in the 'attachments' below this text: One photo of yourself, and one photo of your organisation.
* Take part in our virtual human Bingo game! You need to download the 'Virtual Human Bingo' file from the attachments section and start playing. We will send you a participants list via e-mail, so that you can start contacting your fellow group members. Be the first one to upload your complete Bingo sheet.
Launch on 28/02/2011
- How do we inform ourselves? What forms of media do we use? How did that change in our lives?
- How do different media influence us? How is media used to 'control' people?
Launch on 15/03/2011
- Introduction to the basic facts of climate change
- How did we get these facts? How are they built?
- What are the consequences of climate change in our communities?
Launch on 15/4/2011
identify different actors and their interests and power relations in climate change negotiations
- To reflect on the role of media in this decision-making process
a. Design the first workshop for your group
b. To share methods to use with the group
support each other in challenges / difficulties you might encounter
a. Reflection on the first steps of the campaign
b. Checking if we are where we wanted to be
c. Sharing between groups what has been done so far and getting inspired